It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 10 Years in the Books
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 am 
teh_kiddo

Guys?

Today marks 10 years since this hallowed spot on the outskirts of the Internet was created. It seems almost crazy that it's been that long, but just click the "Members" button at the top of your screen if you don't believe me.

When I signed up, I had just turned 15. I was in grade 9. I was a kid. And I wasn't a cool kid either - I was annoying as fuck. A lot of people here didn't like me at first. Drak banned me once. But despite whatever character flaws I may have had (and still have), I found a community where people were still willing to accept me for the sole reason that I was a Flames fan.

That really appealed to me because living in Ontario as I have my whole life, I've never been able to share my love for this stupid team with anyone around me. When the Flames win a game, it's great, but it kind of sucks that I can't share the feeling with anyone around me. I'm surrounded by Leaf fans, and so other than international tournaments I'm not on the same wavelength as anyone else around me when it comes to hockey. Here, most game nights there's at least two other people in chat to share the game with.

And I couldn't ask for a better group of people to share those moments with. Let's face it: we're all weirdos in one way or another. If someone ever goes through our chat logs, we're all ending up in asylums. But the sheer number of in jokes and forum-based memes that have arisen over the years is mind boggling. There's never a dull moment around here, that's for sure. Pretty much every chat day I laugh out loud at least once.

So guys? Thanks for everything. It's been a glorious ten years.

Post subject: Re: 10 Years in the Books
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:37 am 
Scurvy Dog

Wow 10 years? Thanks for the post man.

I still feel bad for banning you then. I don't know why I was such a spaz or what it was for. I was a new mod and some of the other mods were bitching in the mod chat about strict rules most likely. I dunno what the deal was. Anyways I'll always apologize. Things were run differently then. I dunno, that's my excuse anyways. :)

Pretty cool that a few of us have stuck around. The more serious posters with higher maintenance all fucked off long ago.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:07 pm 
Official Board Redneck

Cheers, guys! From everyone's favorite redneck.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:30 pm 
Dumbass

We should have another meet up and go to a game. The one a few years ago with Codes, Luna, Stewie, Pucky, and I was great fun. It would be cool if we could arrange one where everyone could come. :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:01 am 
Official Board Redneck

Wait until I get married and take our honeymoon in Calgary!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:06 am 
teh_kiddo

freakofnature wrote:
We should have another meet up and go to a game. The one a few years ago with Codes, Luna, Stewie, Pucky, and I was great fun. It would be cool if we could arrange one where everyone could come. :D

That would be awesome - I won't have school to contend with next year, and I'm going to have an actual income, so next season is a real possibility...