It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Guys? (CODES!) Let you tell me about Lethbridge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:51 am 
Serious Cat

So...

I might be spending a bit of time in Lethbridge starting next year or so. Well, a lot of time - maybe 3 days/week. Don't want to sell my house in Calgary (because Wendy won't move to Lethbridge) and probably can't afford to stay in a cheap motel, so probably gonna have to look into renting a place.

Does Lethbridge have neighbourhoods to stay away from (ie: Forest Lawn in Calgary) What else can you tell me?

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness." -- Ron Swanson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:41 am 
Nekked

Oooohhhhhh!

Interesting news indeed.

There are three regions in Lethbridge: The Northside, Southside, and Westside. When you have come to Lethbridge in the past, you've stayed near Downtown, located in the Southside. I would classify the Northside as mostly residential, and harbors the industrial district. The Southside is residential and harbors the commercial district. The Westside is nearly all residential and has the University.

I think the most important thing to consider is the location of your work, and your hobbies outside of work.

I live on the Westside.

Post subject: Re: Guys? (CODES!) Let you tell me about Lethbridge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:52 am 
Playmaker

Stewie Griffin wrote:
So...

I might be spending a bit of time in Lethbridge starting next year or so. Well, a lot of time - maybe 3 days/week. Don't want to sell my house in Calgary (because Wendy won't move to Lethbridge) and probably can't afford to stay in a cheap motel, so probably gonna have to look into renting a place.

Does Lethbridge have neighbourhoods to stay away from (ie: Forest Lawn in Calgary) What else can you tell me?

Forest lawn, haha i would have to classify all of the N.E. Calgary as neighbourhoods to stay away from, (All East of deerfoot) N.E. west of deerfoot isnt too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:09 pm 
Serious Cat

Location of work: Downtown (Stafford & 3 Ave N) Doesn't really matter though, everything is 15 minutes away in Lethbridge. (my current commute is like an hour to get home)

Basically where do I want to live to reduce my chances of being stabbed, mugged, have my car stolen, etc. or is it all pretty safe?

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness." -- Ron Swanson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:06 pm 
Nekked

Lethbridge is pretty safe.

The seediest part of town is downtown, so you should be okay.

I prefer the Westside and Southside since it's closest to everything I care about. I am rather ignorant to the vast expanse that is the Northside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 am 
Dumbass

Go west young man. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:25 pm 
Serious Cat

South. And a little to the east.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 am 
Asshole

Trev, check out homefinders, you might be able to find a little suite for a decent price. they will give you 3 months worth of listings for like $65 and if it's only for a few days a week maybe even get a place with a roomie since they can only bug you half the time.

also if you need a golf (or drinking) buddy let me know, I need to get on the links more, or at all lol.

there is nothing comparable to forest lawn, but I would still stay out of certain areas, I wouldn't consider a place between the streets of 13th & 16th Street and the Avenues of 1st Ave to 4th avenue North

I would also stay away from a couple of the apartment/town house complexes in town.

If you come down anytime soon hit me up and I will show you nicer areas and shittier areas and breakdown why some are bad.