It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:39 pm 
No Rank: Oilers Skank

Love the one with the shack in the field and the sky. I need a wide angle lens, they're sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:45 pm 
sassy molassy

I love all those northern light photos you have, Photo.
Fantastic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:47 pm 
Scurvy Dog

Yah that black and white barn one is wiiic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:09 pm 
Buzz Killington

puckstar wrote:
I love all those northern light photos you have, Photo.
Fantastic.

Me, too! I've always found the northern lights to be fascinating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:57 am 
Ocular Skullfuckery

aime wrote:
Love the one with the shack in the field and the sky. I need a wide angle lens, they're sweet.

Actually, I cheated. It's not a photo done with a wide angle lens, it's 4 photos, stitched together to make one large photo. It's the same technique I used to create this photo:

http://novusphotography.ca/images/mntnpano.jpg

(Linked it because it's friggin HUGE.)

And thanks for the compliments. If you like my auroras, check out this link:

http://novusphotography.ca/auroras/index.html

I think I've linked it before, but honestly, I can't remember.

Thanks again. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:20 pm 
Buzz Killington

There have been high winds all day, which kept knocking down tree limbs in front of my place. After I took the tree limbs to the dumpster, I turned around and saw this. It is burning 7 miles/11 km. east of me, and is fanned by gusts up to 80 mph/129 kph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 am 
Nekked

Well, I sincererely hope the fires stay away. I saw them on the news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:01 am 
The Gayest One

Duck droppings wrote:
There have been high winds all day, which kept knocking down tree limbs in front of my place. After I took the tree limbs to the dumpster, I turned around and saw this. It is burning 7 miles/11 km. east of me, and is fanned by gusts up to 80 mph/129 kph.

I have a friend who lives in tustin, he said he actually saw the flames. We kept getting updates from them last night... sounds pretty bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:02 am 
The Gayest One

Duck droppings wrote:

Hey wait, is that a UFO in the top corner???

*calls tabloids immediately*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:51 am 
Buzz Killington

MaherFan wrote:

It's the moon. Sorry to disappoint you.

I was inside watching coverage of the fires in Malibu and Canyon Country on TV, went outside to dump the tree limbs, then turned around, saw the smoke, and said, "Oh shit." I took the photos about 30 minutes after the fire started.

I then wrestled half my elderly neighbor's broken tree to the dumpster, then knocked on his door to tell him to close his doors and windows, and told another elderly neighbor the same thing.

4,000 acres burned overnight, and yes, I too could see the flames from my place. The Orange County Fire Authority has said it's arson. Humidity is still in the single digits, and wind gusts of about 60mph have been clocked in the fire area. We will collectively be holding our breaths until tomorrow afternoon when the winds are supposed to die down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:55 am 
The Gayest One

Duck droppings wrote:
MaherFan wrote:

It's the moon. Sorry to disappoint you.

I was inside watching coverage of the fires in Malibu and Canyon Country on TV, went outside to dump the tree limbs, then turned around, saw the smoke, and said, "Oh shit." I took the photos about 30 minutes after the fire started.

I then wrestled half my elderly neighbor's broken tree to the dumpster, then knocked on his door to tell him to close his doors and windows, and told another elderly neighbor the same thing.

4,000 acres burned overnight, and yes, I too could see the flames from my place. The Orange County Fire Authority has said it's arson. Humidity is still in the single digits, and wind gusts of about 60mph have been clocked in the fire area. We will collectively be holding our breaths until tomorrow afternoon when the winds are supposed to die down.

Its amazing to me that it can get so dry there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:49 pm 
Ocular Skullfuckery

Duck droppings wrote:
Humidity is still in the single digits, and wind gusts of about 60mph have been clocked in the fire area. We will collectively be holding our breaths until tomorrow afternoon when the winds are supposed to die down.

Normally, the idea of the Flames kicking some ass in the States makes me all tingly inside, but in this case... I'll be keeping an eye on things and hoping for the best for you guys. Take care, and keep us posted. I think it's fair to say we're all hoping for the best for you guys.

~Robb

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:26 pm 
The Gayest One

So the flames are no longer threatening my friends home, but friends of his have been evacuated and are staying with him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:39 pm 
Buzz Killington

Keep the positive thoughts going.

As of two hours ago, the Santiago Canyon Fire grew to 15,800 acres. A jail was evacuated and the Cal State Fullerton, Irvine campus was closed. (There's only one road in, and it's on a decommissioned Marine Corps base with lots of brush and wooden structures awaiting demolition.)

I can't believe what's going on in San Diego. They are talking about evacuating families from Camp Pendleton, one of the nation’s largest Marine Corps bases, and they're getting all the planes out of Miramar Marine Corps air base. 250,000 households, plus schools and hospitals have been evacuated in San Diego and Qualcomm Stadium is an evacuation center.

The firefighters are working in horrible conditions. The majority of fires are burning uphill in canyons and mountains. Three firefighters are in critical condition from being caught in a fire in San Diego.

Help is on the way. Schwarzenegger is sending in 1500 National Guard troops to help fight the fires, resources are coming from other states, and the military will send in six C-130 transport planes converted for firefighting from around the country, which hold 3,000 gallons of water or fire-retardant.

These satellite images of L.A. County on Sunday from NASA will give you an idea of how fast the fires are spreading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 pm 
He's dynamite

Coincidentally, I used the same satellite to locate the California hockey fans before, and during the playoffs last year:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next