It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 2012 NHL Entry Draft - June 22 @ 5:00 PM Mountain
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:54 am 
Serious Cat

Flames draft at 14th (for now lol)

Here's Bobby Mckenzie's Top 30 for the upcoming 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He's never right though.

1. RW Nail Yakupov, Sarnia Sting (OHL)
2. D Ryan Murray, Everett Silvertips (WHL)
3. LW Filip Forsberg, Leksands (SEL)
4. D Griffin Reinhart, Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)
5. C Alex Galchenyuk, Sarnia Sting (OHL)
6. D Mathew Dumba, Red Deer Rebels, (WHL)
7. RW Teuvo Terravainen, Jokerit (SM-Liiga)
8. D Morgan Reilly, Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
9. D Jacob Trouba, USA-U18 (USHL)
10. D Olli Maata, London Knights (OHL)
11. C Radek Faksa, Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
12. C Mikhail Grigorenko, Quebec Remparts (QMJHL)
13. C Zemgus Girgensons, Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL)
14. D Cody Ceci, Ottawa 67's (OHL)
15. D Hampus Lindholm, Rogle Jr. (SWE)
16. D Slater Koekkoek, Peterborough Petes (OHL)
17. D Derrick Pouliot, Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
18. RW Tom Wilson, Plymouth Whalers(OHL)
19. C Tomas Hertl, Slavia Praha (CZE)
20. C Brendan Gaunce, Belleville Bulls (OHL)
21. D Matt Finn, Guelph Storm (OHL)
22. D Brady Skjei, USA-U18 (USHL)
23. C Stefan Matteau, USA-U18 (USHL)
24. G Andrei Vasilevski, Ufa Tolpar (RUS)
25. G Malcom Subban, Belleville Bulls (OHL)
26. D Michael Matheson, Dubuque Fighting Saints(USHL)
27. RW Sebastien Collberg, Frolunda Indians(SEL)
28. C Scott Laughton, Oshawa Generals (OHL)
29. LW Tanner Pearson, Barrie Colts (OHL)
30. LW Phillip Di Giuseppe, Michigan (CCHA)

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness." -- Ron Swanson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:56 pm 
Nekked

So we are scheduled to pick Ceci. A lot of officials are all of a sudden saying this is one of the worst drafts in the last decade. Going to be interesting. Lots of fun rumors being bandied about. Seems as though JBo is on the block.

Also, I will be going to Fairmont Hotsprings this Friday. Not sure if I'll be able to watch the draft closely, but feel free to sext me anything juicy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Serious Cat

I hear a lot of people (on message boards) saying it's a weak draft, it I haven't actually seen someone of note say that.

IMO its not weak but after the top seven there is a lot of parity. I dougbt that Grigorenko falls as low as 12, as he might be one of the most offensively gifted players of them all. I've heard that Yakupov isn't a guaranteed 1st overall pick either, the greasers may pick Murray. Or forsberg.

Draft day is always fun though, although less fun without crazy old man Sutter running things.

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness." -- Ron Swanson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 pm 
Scurvy Dog

Such bullshit that the coil gets first overall again. Such bullshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:18 am 
Nekked

I've just been reading lots of snippets from anonymous team execs that this year is not going to be a great year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am 
Serious Cat

Columbus trades pick 45 another pick in 2012 (117) and a 2013 4th round pick to the Flyrers for Sergei Bobrovsky.

YOU'RE OFF THE FORCE BOBROVSKY!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksb7UlwCIKQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:59 pm 
Scurvy Dog

Jay feaster just traded our first round pick for a bucket of chicken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:54 pm 
sassy molassy

Drak wrote:
Jay feaster just traded our first round pick for a bucket of chicken.

The kid graduates high school tomorrow. He might actually work at KFC...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 am 
Serious Cat

From what I've read about Heywood Jablowme he's a very high risk high reward pick.

And he looks like the teenager from the Simpsons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:17 am 
Scurvy Dog

Stewie Griffin wrote:
From what I've read about Heywood Jablowme he's a very high risk high reward pick.

And he looks like the teenager from the Simpsons.

mmmmmm Ja, blo me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:29 am 
Serious Cat

Your future Flames

Code:
Calgary Flames
Rnd   Pick    Overall    Team    Player    Pos    Country    Height    Weight    Amateur League    Amateur Team
1   21   21   CGY    MARK JANKOWSKI   C   CAN   6' 2"   168   HIGH-QC   STANSTEAD COLLEGE
2   12   42   CGY    PATRICK SIELOFF   D   USA   6' 0"   192   USHL   USA U-18
3   14   75   CGY    JON GILLIES   G   USA   6' 4"   216   USHL   INDIANA
4   14   105   CGY    BRETT KULAK   D   CAN   6' 1"   181   WHL   VANCOUVER
5   3   124   CGY    RYAN CULKIN   D   CAN   6' 1"   176   QMJHL   QUEBEC
6   14   165   CGY    CODA GORDON   LW   CAN   6' 0"   176   WHL   SWIFT CURRENT
7   5   186   CGY    MATTHEW DEBLOUW   C   USA   6' 0"   179   USHL   MUSKEGON

I'll do some more in depth stuff later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 pm 
Serious Cat

#1 - Mark Jankowski
Quote:
2011-12: Jankowski was the leading scorer for Stanstead College and committed to playing college hockey at Providence College in 2013-14. In 57 games for Stanstead College (39-18-6), he scored 53 goals with 40 assists and was plus-51 with 34 penalty minutes. The Saginaw Spirit drafted Jankowski in the seventh round (131st overall) of the 2012 OHL Priority Draft. He was invited to the NHL Draft Combine and ranked 43rd amongst North American skaters in Central Scouting's final rankings prior to the 2012 NHL Draft.

Talent Analysis

A prospect with some NHL bloodlines, Jankowski has grown several inches in the past year-and-a-half, to the point where he sports at least some of the size that NHL GM's look for in a center prospect. What he lacks is some bulk to go with his currently 6-2 frame as Jankowski weighs just 170 pounds. Nevertheless, the skill and talent appear to be there with Jankowski being a player that can generate offense on his own or in concert with his linemates, with his passing skills being nearly elite level. Jankowski plays a good two-way game and doesn't take many shifts off. As he gets used to his changing body, it is likely that he'll only get better, but playing against better competition will also help to improve Jankowski's game.

His Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/Janko61

Other shit:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=146518
http://thehockeywriters.com/mark-jankow ... wild-card/
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/mark_jankowski/
http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/06/1 ... -jankowski

From what I hear, he will attempt to play in the USHL next season, but if good enough is already eligible for the AHL since he didn't play in the CHL. I would prefer that route.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:10 pm 
Serious Cat

#2 - Patrick Sieloff

Quote:
Sieloff, a husky 6-foot-1 and 200 pounds, is not as hulking as 6-foot-7 Jarred Tinordi, the Montreal Canadiens first-rounder who just captained the London Knights to within a single goal of the MasterCard Memorial Cup. However, the Ann Arbor, Mich., native who announced last weekend that he will play for the Windsor Spitfires after the NHL draft uses his big frame well and is steadily getting better at playing a tidy, defensive defenceman's game. He wore an alternate captain's A on his jersey when he helped Team USA win its fourth IIHF under-18 gold medal in a row last month, playing big minutes for a squad that gave up only four goals in six games.

www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/patrick_sieloff/
www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=94254
www.mynhldraft.com/2012/NHL-Draft-Profi ... ck-Sieloff

From what I've been told, a more mobile version of Cory Sarich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:14 pm 
Serious Cat

Round 3 - Jon Gillies

Quote:
2011-12: Gillies took over as the starter for the Ice after representing the USA in the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Tournament in the fall. In 53 games for the Ice he was 31-20 with three shutouts and had a 2.77 goals against and .915 save percentage. The Ice reached the Eastern Conference Finals after finishing second behind Green Bay in the regular season and in six playoff games Gillies was 3-3 with a 2.84 goals against and .911 save percentage. Gillies appeared in all four games at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament – starting three of them. He finished 3-1 including a shootout win and had an .892 save percentage. Gillies de-committed from Northeastern in March 2012 after it was announced that Huskies starter Chris Rawlings was returning for his senior season. Gillies was invited to the NHL Draft Combine and ranked sixth amongst North American goalies in Central Scouting’s final rankings prior to the 2012 NHL Draft.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jon_gillies/
http://thehockeywriters.com/jon-gillies-the-next-ones-2012-nhl-draft-prospect-profile-big-man-on-campus/
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86892
http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?cspid=8899

Sutter only scouted the WHL, Feaster only scouts the USHL?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:15 pm 
Serious Cat

#4 - Brett Kulak

Quote:
The first thing you may notice about Brett Kulak while watching him man the blueline for the Vancouver Giants is that unless you were specifically paying him attention, he likely would likely be unnoticeable. In Kulak’s case, and in the case of efficient defensemen in general, this is often a very desirable trait.

Looking for an NHL comparable than look no further than Duncan Keith, who Kulak himself patterns his game after. Kulak is a smooth, effortless skater with tremendous puck poise and always seems to make the simplest and often correct decision. It may take some time, but he also has untapped offensive upside as well given his hockey IQ and the rapid development track he is on. At this point in time, Keith is in another stratosphere in terms of offensive ability, but given time Kulak has the potential to be on the same echelon. Kulak currently keeps his game simply rather than flashy.

Brett had a solid year on the stats sheet. He led all Vancouver Giants in his WHL rookie season with 9 goals. He finished third in scoring amongst Giants blueliners with 24 points in 72 games. He added 4 assists in 6 playoff contests.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brett_kulak/
http://thehockeywriters.com/brett-kulak-the-next-ones-nhl-2012-draft-prospect-profile/
http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=88617
http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2012/05/my-whl-player-rankings-for-2012-nhl_25.html

This guy, and all the rest of the Flames' draft picks from 5-7 were all ranked in the top 60 by central scouting. yay?