It is currently Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours





Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tim Thomas - Patriot, or Tea Party Lunatic?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 am 
Offline
Serious Cat
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 12979
Location: I hate everything!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ear ... _blog.html

Tim Thomas wrote:
“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

“This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

“Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

“This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.

TT”


Americans... what the fuck has Obama done to make the right hate him with such passion? Is it his failure to properly clean up George Jr.'s mess?

_________________
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” -- Harlan Ellison

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness." -- Ron Swanson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tim Thomas - Patriot, or Tea Party Lunatic?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:24 am 
Offline
Official Board Redneck
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 3450
Stewie Griffin wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/post/tim-thomas-says-he-skipped-white-house-trip-because-government-has-grown-out-of-control/2012/01/24/gIQAixGINQ_blog.html

Tim Thomas wrote:
“I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

“This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

“Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

“This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic.

TT”


Americans... what the fuck has Obama done to make the right hate him with such passion? Is it his failure to properly clean up George Jr.'s mess?

You mean Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan's messes?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:31 am 
Offline
Playmaker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:33 am
Posts: 1259
Location: Lookn at her tits
Obamas a clown and a socialst, George W Bush was a clown and a warmonger. Right and Left are both bad.

I applaud Tim Thomas, you ask why? Cause for the time being, North Americal is still a free country and you have this little thing called freedom of speech and you have the right to express your own opinion.

As an american this is his Constitutional right!

Or is it, freedom of speech , just watch what you say! :shock:

Tim didnt nothing wrong here, and did point out one side to another , he blames both.

_________________
Quote:
Fuck him being a "family man" blah blah bullshit, kill his fucking kids too. I bet their fucking piece of shit faggots as well.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:35 am 
Offline
Scurvy Dog
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:37 pm
Posts: 15753
Location: Lookin fo Willis.
Ridiculous. Calling Obama a socialist then living in a country like Canada is pure hypocricy. Obama is Center slightly to the left. I don't think people even know what socialism is, it's some dirty word being slung around carelessly by right wingers.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:43 am 
Offline
Official Board Redneck
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 3450
Drak wrote:
Ridiculous. Calling Obama a socialist then living in a country like Canada is pure hypocricy. Obama is Center slightly to the left. I don't think people even know what socialism is, it's some dirty word being slung around carelessly by right wingers.

Agreed. Calling Bush a war-monger is ridiculous as well. Was he looking for a fight? Probably, but if he hadn't gone to war he would've gotten shit too. 9/11 put him in a lose-lose situation. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As an American, I respect Tim Thomas for using his rights and defending the little guy, albeit I'm sure he doesn't help the little guy as much as he should, especially since he made those comments and didn't show. America as a country is failing and politicians aren't solely to blame, the amount of "I don't vote because my vote doesn't matter" that's out there is fucking ridiculous. I've lost friends defending the very same rights that we're supposed to have so it upsets me to see people bitch and moan about the government but refuse to vote.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:24 pm 
Offline
Serious Cat
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:38 pm
Posts: 12979
Location: I hate everything!
I'd argue that Obama is still to the right of Harper...


Mostly just to piss off Drak. ;)


For those opposed to "socialism", I wonder why they aren't vehemently against the socialist regimes in current society? Like the police department? the fire department? the post office? etc. Sometimes socialism is required and often times it's to protect the little guy, the impoverished. Why is that so bad?

Either way, I disagree with what Thomas did, but I support his right to do it.

_________________
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” -- Harlan Ellison

"Don't start chasing applause and acclaim. That way lies madness." -- Ron Swanson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:38 pm 
Offline
Scurvy Dog
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:37 pm
Posts: 15753
Location: Lookin fo Willis.
Stewie Griffin wrote:
I'd argue that Obama is still to the right of Harper...


Mostly just to piss off Drak. ;)


For those opposed to "socialism", I wonder why they aren't vehemently against the socialist regimes in current society? Like the police department? the fire department? the post office? etc. Sometimes socialism is required and often times it's to protect the little guy, the impoverished. Why is that so bad?

Either way, I disagree with what Thomas did, but I support his right to do it.



Exactly. The point of socialism bugs the hell outa me. All democratic countries are regulated with what can be defined as aspects of socialism. There is no such thing as a pure capitalist model. Without so called “socialism” we wouldn’t have police, firemen, defense, building infrastructure, schools etc etc.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
Scurvy Dog
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:37 pm
Posts: 15753
Location: Lookin fo Willis.
Stewie Griffin wrote:
I'd argue that Obama is still to the right of Harper...


Mostly just to piss off Drak. ;)



Only in that Canada and its laws as a country is more left than the United States. When it comes to a lot of social issues and say religion however, Obama is more to the left than Harper.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline
Official Board Redneck
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 3450
:idea:


Last edited by Josh on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:02 pm 
Offline
Asshole
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 6855
...........

_________________
Image


Last edited by Lunatik on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline
Official Board Redneck
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 3450
Please delete this thread. Please.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:51 pm 
Offline
Asshole
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 6855
Josh wrote:
Please delete this thread. Please.
just to be clear Josh I have no issues with you as a person, I am just very anti-military

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:59 pm 
Offline
Official Board Redneck
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:50 pm
Posts: 3450
:arrow:


Last edited by Josh on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tim Thomas - Patriot, or Tea Party Lunatic?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
Buzz Killington

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:19 pm
Posts: 2035
Location: Orange County, Calif.
Stewie Griffin wrote:
Americans... what the fuck has Obama done to make the right hate him with such passion?

He's black.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tim Thomas - Patriot, or Tea Party Lunatic?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm 
Offline
sassy molassy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:08 am
Posts: 8601
Location: Calgary, AB
Duck droppings wrote:
Stewie Griffin wrote:
Americans... what the fuck has Obama done to make the right hate him with such passion?

He's black.


Well, that's racist.

Who was the douchecanoe who pointed out Timmy's kid's names? That was fucking uncalled for.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.